A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO SOLVE THE CENSORSHIP PROBLEM IN SOCIAL MEDIA
Censorship is killing online social media. It’s time for bold action and build a new, safer and better censorship free social network world. This idea will work for all social website that have open dialog between users.
To begin with…REMOVE ALL ALGORITHMS designed to censor speech. Then remove any and all procedures set in place designed to make the conversation more civil (their bias opportunity). Next retrain all of the staff to recognize and remove anything that falls into the following 4 categories.
- No illegal content, warez, materials.
- No Terrorist content or activity.
- No Threats of violence/physical harm to anyone, either directly or indirectly.
- No pornography, nude photos or obvious accounts dedicated to promoting pedophilia.
- The LIKE or THUMBS UP will automatically set you to FOLLOW that person the third time you use it for that person. You may UNFOLLOW at any time.
- The THUMBS DOWN will MUTE them and if you use it on a person 3 times it will automatically BLOCK them forever. No option to unblock.
Use these options wisely. You will need to think before you click.
Other than this, feel free to insult as needed. Are you offended by someones opinion or statement? Too bad, BLOCK or MUTE them. You are not required or expected to converse with anybody you find offensive or disagree with.
If you see something that you feel violates one of the 4 rules above report it.
True free speech is to allow the online community to censor themselves.
IT REALLY CAN BE THAT SIMPLE.